Custom handfasting cord
A crios made especially for the occasion is the traditional handfasting cord of Celtic wedding custom. We have been making custom handfasting cords for some years now and love the reaction of the couple when something meaningful is expressed in their handfasting cord.
It is a creation made by them that will form a central part of their marriage ceremony, and can be very special.
We have a wide range of colours and can send you pictures of the different shades, and work closely with you on what design you would like, the length, the main colour etc.
Colours are chosen because they symbolize something significant, they match the wedding colours, or they somehow represent the weaving together of the couples lives. I have a blog piece with ideas for choosing colours here.
To inquire about a custom handfasting cord please send an email with your your name, wedding date, your location and
any idea of what colours you would like to or fill out the form below.
The fee for a custom piece is €118 including registered post worldwide and VAT at 23%. Please get in touch at least 3 weeks before your wedding for custom orders - see processing and shipping times below.
1. Decide on your colours with the help of my blog on colour choices and fill out the form below
2. I'll email you with more info
3. Send me any images or mood boards you have of your wedding colours
4. I'll make an album of the yarn shades I have that best match your colours
5. Together we settle on the best
shades and pattern
6. I'll send payment details -
the fee is €118 all in
7. I ship within a week of recieving the payment
Approximate shipping time after dispatch is
North America: 5-8 business days
Ireland: 4-6 business days
Europe: 4-8 business days
Australia, New Zealand and Rest of World: 9-12 business days